Every year, as we dust off the last flakes of winter, a familiar condition begins to take over the country without fail. In the second half of March, we enter into a state of madness. March Madness, that is — and it has us encompassed with basketball fever! Get in the spirit and test your knowledge of the history of The Big Dance with our trivia game below.
An amateur version of March Madness first began in 1908 in what state?
2. In what year was modern March Madness officially born?
3. What school won that year?
A. Ohio State
D. Utah State
4. This cinderella story school won the tournament in 1952 with only 98 students, and shocked the nation.
5. From 1939-1951, how many teams were allowed to compete in the NCAA tournament?
6. The winning team is given what keepsake to celebrate it’s championship victory?
A. The basketball hoop
B. The game ball
C. A jersey from the rival team
D. The hardwood floor from the final game
7. This team holds the most NCAA titles.
8. What player holds the record for most points scored in a single-tournament game?
A. Austin Carr
B. David Robinson
C. Danny Manning
D. Pete Maravich
9. This school is the only 8th seed team in history to win the title.
A. North Carolina
C. Wichita State
10. The only school to ever win his-and-her NCAA Basketball Championships in a single year.